How to Clear Search History On Facebook



How To Clear Search History On Facebook: Inquiry from Alveda G: I discovered through a mutual friend that my ex lover recently got into my Facebook account and checked my search history to see if I was aiming to hook up with any kind of old partners. I do NOT like that!!

How To Clear Search History On Facebook


I didn't also recognize Facebook videotaped things you search for. Is there any way to remove my search history? As well as exists a way to prevent Facebook from saving it to begin with?

Rick's response: Hi there Alveda. Prior to I address your concerns, I highly advise locking down your Facebook account today in order to stop your ex lover (or anybody else) from breaking into it in the first place. It's not all that tough to accomplish. This message explains the best ways to do it, step-by-step.

Since you have actually locked down your account, I'll address your second concern initially. The answer is no, Facebook doesn't allow you to avoid them from assembling a listing of your searches.

Why? Since they use your search background to help them decide which ads to show while you're using the website. They recognize that if they could show ads related to the subjects you're interested in, you'll be more inclined to click on them. Which brings us back your initial concern ...

You can easily delete your whole Facebook search history with simply a few clicks, making it easy to do so each time you prepare to log out of your account. Below's just how:

1-- Go to your Timeline page as well as click the View Activity Log switch (you'll discover it in the lower right-hand corner of your cover picture).

2-- Search in the much left column and also click the More web link that lies just under Photos, Likes and Remarks.

3-- Click the Search web link that's located below the list.

4-- Click the Clear Searches connect that located on the right-hand side of the big white bar on top of the window.

5-- A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm that you actually wish to remove your search history. To finish the treatment, click the Clear Searches link located at the top-right side of the window.