Facebook Search History Delete



Facebook Search History Delete: Inquiry from Alveda G: I discovered via a mutual friend that my ex lately burglarized my Facebook account and checked my search history to see if I was attempting to hook up with any old guys. I do NOT like that!!

Facebook Search History Delete


I really did not even know Facebook recorded things you search for. Exists any way to remove my search background? As well as exists a way to avoid Facebook from waiting to begin with?

Rick's response: Hello there Alveda. Before I answer your concerns, I highly advise locking down your Facebook account today in order to stop your ex-spouse (or any person else) from getting into it to begin with. It's not all that hard to complete. This message clarifies how you can do it, step-by-step.

Since you have actually secured down your account, I'll address your 2nd concern first. The solution is no, Facebook doesn't permit you to avoid them from putting together a listing of your searches.

Why? Since they use your search history to help them choose which advertisements to present while you're using the website. They know that if they could reveal advertisements related to the topics you want, you'll be much more inclined to click on them. Which brings us back your initial question ...

You could conveniently erase your entire Facebook search background with simply a few clicks, making it simple so every single time you prepare to log out of your account. Here's exactly how:

1-- Check out your Timeline web page as well as click the Sight Activity Log switch (you'll locate it in the lower right-hand edge of your cover photo).

2-- Look in the far left column as well as click the Even more web link that lies just under Photos, Suches As and Comments.

3-- Click the Look web link that lies at the end of the list.

4-- Click the Clear Searches connect that located on the right-hand side of the big white bar on top of the window.

5-- A dialog box will appear asking you to verify that you really wish to clear your search background. To complete the treatment, click the Clear Searches link situated at the top-right side of the home window.