Facebook Delete Search History



Facebook Delete Search History: Inquiry from Alveda G: I figured out via a mutual friend that my ex recently burglarized my Facebook account and checked my search background to see if I was trying to talk to any kind of old guys. I do NOT like that!!

Facebook Delete Search History


I didn't also know Facebook videotaped things you search for. Is there any way to delete my search history? And also exists a method to prevent Facebook from waiting to begin with?

Rick's solution: Hey Alveda. Prior to I answer your concerns, I highly advise locking down your Facebook account right now in order to prevent your ex (or anyone else) from breaking into it to begin with. It's not all that challenging to achieve. This post explains how you can do it, detailed.

Since you have actually locked down your account, I'll address your second concern first. The solution is no, Facebook does not permit you to stop them from compiling a list of your searches.

Why? Since they utilize your search history to help them choose which advertisements to show while you're using the website. They understand that if they could reveal advertisements associated with the topics you have an interest in, you'll be a lot more likely to click on them. Which brings us back your first concern ...

You could conveniently remove your entire Facebook search history with just a few clicks, making it easy to do so every time you prepare to log out of your account. Here's how:

1-- Browse through your Timeline page and click the View Task Log button (you'll discover it in the lower right-hand corner of your cover photo).

2-- Look in the much left column and also click the Even more web link that's located simply under Photos, Suches As and also Comments.

3-- Click the Browse link that lies at the end of the checklist.

4-- Click the Clear Searches connect that situated on the right-hand side of the big white bar at the top of the window.

5-- A dialog box will certainly appear asking you to validate that you really intend to remove your search history. To finish the procedure, click the Clear Searches connect situated at the top-right side of the window.