Facebook Clear Search History



Facebook Clear Search History: Concern from Alveda G: I learnt with a mutual friend that my ex recently got into my Facebook account and checked my search history to see if I was trying to hook up with any kind of old partners. I do NOT like that!!

Facebook Clear Search History


I didn't also understand Facebook tape-recorded the things you search for. Exists any way to erase my search history? And is there a means to prevent Facebook from saving it to begin with?

Rick's response: Hello there Alveda. Prior to I address your questions, I strongly advise locking down your Facebook account right now in order to prevent your ex (or any individual else) from getting into it to begin with. It's not all that hard to accomplish. This blog post discusses how to do it, step-by-step.

Since you have actually secured down your account, I'll resolve your second question first. The response is no, Facebook doesn't allow you to avoid them from assembling a listing of your searches.

Why? Because they utilize your search background in order to help them decide which advertisements to show while you're using the website. They know that if they can show ads related to the subjects you have an interest in, you'll be a lot more likely to click on them. Which brings us back your first inquiry ...

You could conveniently erase your entire Facebook search background with just a few clicks, making it simple so every single time you prepare to log out of your account. Below's just how:

1-- Go to your Timeline web page and also click the View Activity Log switch (you'll discover it in the reduced right-hand edge of your cover image).

2-- Look in the far left column as well as click the More link that lies simply under Photos, Likes and also Comments.

3-- Click the Browse link that lies below the checklist.

4-- Click the Clear Searches connect that situated on the right-hand side of the big white bar on top of the window.

5-- A dialog box will pop up asking you to confirm that you actually intend to remove your search background. To finish the procedure, click the Clear Searches connect located at the top-right side of the window.