Delete Search History Facebook



Delete Search History Facebook: Inquiry from Alveda G: I discovered with a mutual friend that my ex recently broke into my Facebook account and checked my search history to see if I was attempting to hook up with any type of old guys. I do NOT like that!!

Delete Search History Facebook


I didn't also know Facebook tape-recorded the things you search for. Exists any way to erase my search background? And also is there a way to prevent Facebook from saving it in the first place?

Rick's response: Hey Alveda. Prior to I address your inquiries, I highly recommend locking down your Facebook account right now in order to avoid your ex lover (or anybody else) from burglarizing it to begin with. It's not all that challenging to achieve. This blog post discusses the best ways to do it, detailed.

Since you have locked down your account, I'll resolve your second question first. The answer is no, Facebook doesn't permit you to prevent them from assembling a listing of your searches.

Why? Since they utilize your search history to help them make a decision which ads to present while you're utilizing the website. They recognize that if they could show ads related to the topics you're interested in, you'll be extra inclined to click them. Which brings us back your first question ...

You could easily erase your whole Facebook search background with just a few clicks, making it easy to do so each time you prepare to log out of your account. Right here's how:

1-- See your Timeline web page and also click the View Task Log button (you'll find it in the lower right-hand corner of your cover photo).

2-- Look in the far left column as well as click the More web link that lies simply under Photos, Likes and Comments.

3-- Click the Search web link that's located below the listing.

4-- Click the Clear Searches connect that located on the right-hand side of the huge white bar on top of the home window.

5-- A dialog box will certainly pop up asking you to confirm that you really intend to remove your search history. To finish the treatment, click the Clear Searches link situated at the top-right side of the home window.