Delete Facebook Search History



Delete Facebook Search History: Concern from Alveda G: I learnt through a mutual friend that my ex recently broke into my Facebook account and checked my search history to see if I was trying to hook up with any old guys. I do NOT like that!!

Delete Facebook Search History


I didn't also know Facebook videotaped the things you look for. Exists any way to erase my search history? And exists a means to avoid Facebook from waiting to begin with?

Rick's answer: Hey there Alveda. Prior to I answer your concerns, I strongly advise securing down your Facebook account right now in order to avoid your ex (or any individual else) from breaking into it in the first place. It's not all that challenging to accomplish. This post clarifies how to do it, detailed.

Since you have actually secured down your account, I'll resolve your second question initially. The answer is no, Facebook doesn't permit you to stop them from assembling a listing of your searches.

Why? Due to the fact that they utilize your search history to assist them determine which advertisements to present while you're using the site. They know that if they could reveal ads associated with the topics you're interested in, you'll be a lot more inclined to click on them. Which brings us back your initial concern ...

You can easily delete your whole Facebook search background with simply a few clicks, making it simple so every single time you prepare to log out of your account. Below's how:

1-- Visit your Timeline web page and click the View Activity Log button (you'll find it in the lower right-hand corner of your cover picture).

2-- Search in the much left column and click the Even more web link that's located simply under Photos, Suches As and also Remarks.

3-- Click the Look web link that's located at the end of the list.

4-- Click the Clear Searches link that located on the right-hand side of the large white bar at the top of the home window.

5-- A dialog box will certainly pop up asking you to confirm that you really want to remove your search history. To finish the procedure, click the Clear Searches link located at the top-right side of the home window.